wait for it!


Whenever I think of the story of Abraham and Sarah, I've always looked at Sarah and thought about the impact of her impatience. Because she chose not to wait on God to give her a son, she sent Hagar to sleep with her husband, making her promise happen on her terms. But that caused more problems than Sarah could deal with and she sent Hagar and her son away. But I love how God took care of them despite Sarah! And because God told Abraham He'd bless his descendants, He made Ishmael's descendents numerous just as He did with Isaac. But driving to church yesterday, I realized I'm no different than Sarah. I've ran ahead of God on a promise and tried to make it happen on my own. My choices haven't had the ramifications that Sarah's did but I'm not any better. Yet God didn't forget Sarah. God gave her the son He promised. Even though she was impatient. Even though she messed up. So I'm looking at Sarah's story a little bit differently. I'm looking at her as human but God forgiving her and giving her what He promised. I'm encouraged by Sarah. I know God is working things out for me just as surely as He did for her. She received her promise at the appointed time (NASB). Whatever you're believing God for, don't give up on that promise! It makes me think of Habakkuk 2:3: If it seems slow in coming, wait. It’s on its way. It will come right on time (MSG).

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top