don't stop believing


One of these days I'd like to read the Bible through in a year but for now, I'm reading the New Testament in a year. Today's reading was in Romans and talked about Abraham. I thought it fitting since I shared about Sarah the other day. I love these verses because Abraham refused to give up on his promise. He maybe didn't understand how God would give him a son or when it would happen but he didn't give up. I love where it says "being fully persuaded" - to me, that says Abraham wouldn't be talked out of it. He knew God would keep His promise! And together, Abraham and Sarah have such a beautiful story. If we look ahead, we see unwavering trust when Abraham takes Isaac to the mountain, unsure why God would ask him to give up his son. But he trusted. And God provided a substitute sacrifice. I look at this couple and my faith is strengthened. I know that what God has promised He will do!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top